Junior Team Tennis League
ROLE OF MANAGER
1. Email Information to Players: Please forward all necessary information you receive to players. You will receive the draw, roster, rules and regulations at the launch day. All information will be on the website and also emailed. Everything will be up on the website for players to access as well. All scores and the overall point’s tables will also be updated each week under "Match Groups" --> "Your division" on the main menu.
2. Ranking Players: You are responsible for making sure your players are ranked in order of ability, based upon your knowledge of their tennis skills, from #1 (highest performing player on the team) to #8 (if applicable). If you are uncertain, please enquire with JTT management and/or the onsite coordinator. All teams will be listed in order of ranking. For any changes, please contact JTT Management.
You can make changes in the first two weeks only (before the start of week 3)
3. Weekend Enquiries: For all concerns/scheduling/missing players and general enquiries during the weekend, please contact Goran Ahlstrand at email@example.com or Hp 9646 5703.
4. Rostering: You will be responsible for coordinating the roster of your team members for each week. This will be completed at Launch Day or you may contact the players directly. You will be given a roster template and sample at the Launch Day. We will also be available to assist. Please do your best to ensure that all players are rostered to play at least four weeks and that you take into account what weekends they cannot attend. You may like to email this to all players prior to the first week of play.
Doodle Scheduling Tool
To make it easier to check the availability of players to complete the roster for the season we recommend the scheduling tool Doodle. It's compatible with WhatsApp and it's very easy to use. You can download the app to your phone or go to doodle.com for all the information.
5. Order of Play: Please ensure that the players play in the correct order (listed in order 1 – 8 on the team sheet). Please see the sample roster below. It demonstrates, for example, if you have your number 1 and 4 away one week how to do the roster. Please ask us if you need assistance. The onsite coordinator will help with this if you need.
At least four players must be rostered to play each week. You can roster up to 8 players each week. Players cannot play out of order of rank, e.g. if you have your number 2, 3, 5, 7 playing that day then the number 2 becomes number 1 for that day and so on, with the number 7 playing number 4.
For doubles the only rule is that the highest ranked player playing doubles must play the number 1 doubles. With singles the players must play in order of ranking. A player can play either a singles or/and a doubles.
*Please find below examples of how the rostering system can work for a team of 8 players.
|Ex. 1 (4 players rostered on)||Ex. 2 (6 players rostered on)||Ex. 3 (8 players rostered on)|
|(Player 1, 2, 4 & 6 not playing)||(Player 5 & 7 not playing)||(All players are playing)|
|1st Singles - Rank 3||1st Singles - Rank 2||1st Singles - Rank 1|
|2nd Singles - Rank 5||2nd Singles - Rank 3||2nd Singles - Rank 2|
|3rd Singles - Rank 7||3rd Singles - Rank 6||3rd Singles - Rank 5|
|4th Singles - Rank 8||4th Singles - Rank 8||4th Singles - Rank 7|
|1st Doubles - Rank 3&7||1st Doubles - Rank 1&4||1st Doubles - Rank 3&4|
|2nd Doubles - Rank 5&8||2nd Doubles - Rank 2&3||2nd Doubles - Rank 6&8|
6. Point of Contact for Team Members and Sourcing Reserves: You are the point of contact for each player if they are unable to attend their rostered week. If they cannot make their week they will contact you. You can then ask one of your reserves (from your own team) to play. Please try to ensure this person still gets their allocated minimum 4 weeks of play if possible, by rescheduling them on for another match. Teams that are not able to field a full team must notify JTT management by Thursday before the match. If you have an illness on the day of play you may play with 3 players and forfeit number 4 singles and doubles bottom doubles.
7. Attend Matches: It is not compulsory for managers to attend matches, but if you are not in attendance please ensure the players or a parent knows who is playing that week, when and where. The onsite coordinator will have the balls and score sheet. If you are unable to attend and no other parent will be there please inform the coordinator (there is a coordinator at every venue to run the matches).
8. Changes of Players Rankings: If you have any concerns over the ranking of players on your team or an opposing team please discuss with the coordinators, or email JTT. Changes can be made in the first two weeks only.
9. Rain: Regardless of weather conditions, everyone must go to the site. The onsite coordinator will make the final decision if it is called off due to rain. If the tie has started the onsite coordinator will be responsible for delaying or cancelling play on the day. Refer to rules for rain and rescheduling.
10. Concerns: If you have any queries or concerns during week or weekend hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Goran Ahlstrand (9646 5703).