Junior Team Tennis League
Draw and Play Offs Explanation
- Each Grade (A and B) is split into either one pool (round robin then play offs), 2 pools (round robin within a pool then play offs vs other pool) or 4 pools (3 weeks of round robin within a pool then split into new pools: 1 new pool of the top teams (1st team with the most point in each pool) and 3 pools of bottom 3 teams (2nd ,3rd and 4th team in each pool) in order to play 3 more round robin matches.
- The only criterion is to split teams from the same school/club evenly between pools where possible.
- There are a total of 5-6 weeks of matches for all teams. All grades will play 5-6 rounds over 6 weekends with week 6 being play offs.
- Each pool will start with 5-6 weeks of round robin matches, depending on the age and grade (playing every other team in the pool).
- All points each week are recorded. Teams will get one point for every match won, and bonus 2 points if they win the tie.
Points Table Example for Pool with 5 Teams
10A Blue, 12B, 14A, 14B & 17A (8 teams)
2 Pools of 4 teams
- Week 1-3 weeks are round robin matches against your pool
|Pool 1 (4 teams)||Pool 2 (4 teams)|
- After 3 round robin weeks the top two teams (teams with the most points) in each pool will go to a "division 1 pool" of 4 teams to play 3 more weeks to play for places #1-4. 3rd and 4th team in each group will go to a "division 2 pool" of 4 teams to play 3 more weeks to play for places #5-8.
- All draws and schedule for weeks 4 – 6 will be out after week 3 is completed.
- Week 4-6 new pools are made:
NEW Pool 1: (1st & 2nd place teams from both pools)
NEW Pool 2: (3rd & 4th place teams from both pools)
The team with the most points from the New Pool 1 after week 6 will be the winner. 2nd most points will be the runner up and 3rd most points will come 3rd place and so on. The team with the most points from the New Pool 2, will be awarded pool winners in their pool.
10B & 12A (12 teams)
12 Teams split into 2 Pools of 6 Teams
- After 5 round robin weeks the top teams (teams with the most points) in each pool will playoff in the Final & the teams 2nd – 6th will play against the team in the opposite pool with the same placing. See below:
|Final:||1st Pool 1||vs||1st Pool 2|
|3rd/4th place:||2nd Pool 1||vs||2nd Pool 2|
|5th/6th place:||3rd Pool 1||vs||3rd Pool 2|
|7th/8th place:||4th Pool 1||vs||4th Pool 2|
|9th/10th place:||5th Pool 1||vs||5th Pool 2|
|11th/12th place:||6th Pool 1||vs||6th Pool 2|
- All draws and schedule for weeks 6 will be out after week 5 is completed.
10A Red (6 teams)
1 Pool of 6 teams
- Weeks 1-5 are round robin matches against all the teams in the pool. All teams will playoff in week 6. See below:
|Final:||1st in pool||vs||2nd in Pool|
|3rd/4th:||3rd in Pool||vs||4th in Pool|
|5th/6th:||5th in Pool||vs||6th in Pool|
ALL POINTS TABLES WILL BE UPDATED EACH WEEK ON THE WEBSITE: